Like most people I've suffered for years from lack of motivation to start a program and an inability to stick with it. Here is what I've found works for me.
1. Sign-up for a race. As a NON-RUNNER, I have found nothing works as well as a couch to 10k plan where you slowly build up your endurance. Even on weeks where I don't make my weight-loss goal, I always reflect back on how I ran further or ran faster than the week before. Every week you see progress!
2. Find a workout buddy. Even if you don't work out everyday, just meeting a few times a week helps keep you motivated.
3. Work out in the morning. I am not a morning person ... but you will find that your days become more productive, you think clearer, it is easier to make healthy food choices and your overall energy will increase. For me, to make this happen, I have to work out from 6-7 and then go home to get ready for work. It is so tempting to hit that snooze button. That is where your buddy comes in! I don't want to stand her up and it is that extra motivation I need to get started.
No comments:
Post a Comment